Nervous Patient Treatments In Bromley
IV Sedation / Nervous Patients
The most common reason for putting off visiting the dentist is fear. Often, patients put up with unnecessary pain and discomfort for months until it becomes unbearable because they are afraid of visiting the dentist. An easily-remedied dental problem then becomes more difficult, more invasive and more costly to treat.
There are many reasons for this fear: a bad past experience, difficulty in getting numb with local anaesthetic, a phobia of the smells or sounds of the dental surgery, sensitive teeth. . . Sometimes, there’s no logical explanation for the fear, but whatever the cause, sedation can make a big difference. Using IV sedation, you will be fully relaxed for the duration of your treatment, experiencing no pain and remembering little of the treatment afterwards. You will also be monitored continuously to ensure you are medically well.
At All Smiles we have an in-house anaesthetist, Dr Mohan who will will sedate patients within safe guidelines, and the practice also has full resuscitation facilities in the unlikely event of an emergency.
Genuine 5 Star Google Patient Reviews
HOW DOES SEDATION WORK?
As well as helping nervous patients to relax, the use of IV sedation enables us to complete multiple procedures in one appointment, which otherwise may be too tiring or uncomfortable. It’s also very helpful for patients with a strong gag reflex that can otherwise make treatment difficult. There are many other reasons patients opt for sedation:
- ZFear of dental treatment, dentists or the smells and sounds of the surgery
- ZHistory of traumatic dental experiences
- ZVery sensitive gag reflex
- ZDifficulty opening the mouth for long periods
- ZDifficulty getting numb
- ZVery sensitive teeth
- ZComplex dental problems or a need for dental surgery
- ZIn denial of a dental problem until the pain is unbearable
- ZHave not received professional dental care for many years
- ZGet repeat prescriptions from different dentists or doctors for painkillers
- ZExperience sweaty palms or find yourself gripping the armrests
- ZExperienced sedation in the past that did not work well
Arrange a Consultation
Reasons to Choose All Smiles
5 star reviews
Dr Ash - Medical Background
Not just an experienced dentist, Dr Ash is also a fully qualified medical doctor.
WHY CHOOSE US
- ZDr Ash is also a fully qualified medical doctor (1 of only 20 other dentists in the country)
- ZNo obligation consultations on cosmetic treatments
- ZMultiple 5 star Google reviews
- ZLate evening & Saturday appointments
- ZFlexible finance plans to help with treatment fees
- ZDental practice on the High Street
- ZDedicated and committed team
Is Your Smile Affecting Your Confidence?
We Can Help You
Find out how All Smiles can help restore your confidence and give you the smile you’ve always wanted.